Many homeowners are finding that hardwood flooring is the best way to add organic beauty to the interior of their homes. With many different styles, colors, and types of wood available to you, the possibilities are endless when it comes to choosing the right hardwood floor for your house. It is important to know that when you have hardwood flooring in your home you do need to maintain it and care for it to extend its life. One of the ways that you can care for your hardwood flooring is to refinish it when you start noticing signs of wear. Mike’s Custom Flooring is here to talk about signs that you should look for that indicate it’s time to refinish your hardwood floor.
Signs it is Time to Refinish Hardwood Floors
If you have hardwood floors in your home, you need to be looking for signs that indicated it’s time to refinish them. Refinishing your hardwood floor is one of the best ways to extend its life. Here are the signs that you should be looking for:
– Large Scratches or Marks: It is easy to panic when you see a large scratch or mark happen on your hardwood flooring. It is important to remember that these scratches and marks can be fixed with refinishing though. When you start to notice that there are several large scratches or marks on your hardwood floor, it might mean that it is time to look into refinishing.
– Water Damage: One thing that you need to be careful of when you have hardwood flooring is the amount of moisture that it is exposed to. When it comes to hardwood floor and water, they do not mix. If your hardwood floor has been exposed to a large amount of water, it might have sustained damage. There are some types of water damage that can be fixed with refinishing.
– Exposed Nails: No one wants to see nails peeking through on their hardwood flooring. Not only does it look bad, but it also can because you when you step on these exposed nails. When you start to notice that there are exposed nails, you might want to look into refinishing and even replacing those planks.
– Discoloration: There are a few different ways that your hardwood floors can start to look discolored over time. The most common cause of discoloration comes from sun damage. The washed out look that the sun can leave behind can be easily sanded down and fixed with refinishing.
– Desire a Change: You might decide that you are ready to change the look of your hardwood flooring completely. One of the greatest benefits of hardwood flooring is the ability to completely change the look with refinishing and a new stain color.
Hardwood Floor Installation, Repairs, Refinishing & More in Charles Town & Eastern Panhandle of Berkeley & Jefferson Counties in WV | Winchester & Frederick County | Round Hill & Loudoun County | Berryville & Clarke County | Herndon & Fairfax County VA
If you are noticing that there are signs you need to refinish your hardwood flooring, you can turn to the pros at Mike’s Custom Flooring to help bring new life to your hardwood flooring. Call us today!