When choosing the flooring for your home, there are unlimited options to choose from. It can be difficult to narrow down the best flooring for your lifestyle. An overwhelming number of people are choosing hardwood flooring today because of the organic beauty it adds to their home. Because hardwood is so popular, many people are looking for ways to imitate that look without putting solid hardwood down. One of those flooring choices is porcelain plank flooring. Mike’s Custom Flooring is here to talk about the advantages of both of these types of flooring.
Advantages of Porcelain Wood Tile
There is good reason for many homeowners turning to porcelain plank tile flooring for their homes. This newer, popular choice has many advantages over other types of flooring, including hardwood. Following are some of the advantages to choosing porcelain plank tile for your home.
– Scratch Proof Flooring: Because this flooring is porcelain, it is nearly impossible to scratch it. You can count on this being an extremely durable choice for any room in your home.
– Waterproof Floors: There is a reason that many people choose to put tile flooring in kitchen and bathroom areas. It is virtually waterproof. This is why many people prefer the porcelain plank tile flooring over hardwood. They don’t want to have to worry about water becoming an issue down the road.
– Floor Beauty: Because it looks similar to solid hardwood flooring, porcelain plank tile can be a beautiful choice for your home.
– Versatile Flooring: This flooring can literally be installed anywhere in your home. You don’t have to worry about too much moisture.
Advantages of Hardwood Flooring
Just like anything else, while there are advantages to putting porcelain plank tile flooring in your home, there are also some major advantages to putting solid hardwood floors in your house as well. Here are the main advantages to this flooring:
– Genuine Wood Floors: Most people prefer the look and feel of the real deal beneath their feet. With hardwood flooring, you get that genuine hardwood that most people are looking for.
– Home Value: When you have solid hardwood installed in your home, it actually increases your home’s value.
– Long Lasting Flooring: Solid hardwood flooring lasts up to 100+ years when it is properly cared for. You can refinish them to keep up with current design trends and preferences.
– Softer Floors: You may not think that hardwood flooring as soft. It is considerably softer than tile flooring.
– Flooring Warmth: Hardwood flooring is not only softer than tile flooring but warmer as well. Tile conducts heat and pulls it right out of your feet as you stand on it.
Hardwood Floor Installation, Repair & More in Charles Town & Eastern Panhandle of Berkeley & Jefferson Counties in WV | Winchester & Frederick County | Round Hill & Loudoun County | Berryville & Clarke County | Herndon & Fairfax County VA
If you are looking for the right hardwood flooring for your home, you can count on Mike’s Custom Flooring to help you find the right floor for your home. We will handle all of the installation and finish work as we install your beautiful new hardwood floor. Call us today!