When you have hardwood floors installed in your house, it can have a big impact on the space. This leaves many people in a conundrum, what color should they choose? There are benefits that come with all the colors that are available. Whether you are choosing a darker color or lighter one, you will see that they have benefits that will make your home beautiful. Mike’s Custom Flooring is here to talk about both dark and light wood flooring and their benefits so that you can choose the best one for your house.
Benefits of Light Color Hardwood Floors
In recent years, light hardwood flooring has taken on a modern feel. These beautiful floors will give your home that modern feel that you’re after. Following are some of the benefits that come from choosing lighter hardwood floors.
– Expand the Space: When you install light hardwood flooring it tends to catch any natural lighting that is in your home to help expand the space in your home. This makes light hardwood flooring an especially good choice for homes that have a limited amount of square footage to work with.
– Subtle: The subtle beauty that comes from lighter colored floor can help all the other décor in your space really stand out. If you have a louder decorative style, you may want to highlight that rather than what is on your floor.
– Easy to Keep Clean: The lighter the flooring, the easier it is going to be to keep clean. When you have darker floors, they tend to show dust and other crumbs much easier.
Pros of Dark Hardwood Flooring
Dark hardwood flooring is still one of the more popular flooring choices. It is one of the most strikingly beautiful flooring choices you can have. Here are some of the other benefits that come with dark floors.
– Natural Looking: The darker tones look more like natural wood. It enhances the rich wood grains that is found in hardwood flooring.
– Longer Lasting Color: While light hardwood floors reflect the light, dark hardwood floors absorb the natural light in your home. This leaves your hardwood floors richer in color for longer than lighter flooring choices.
– Increased Property Value: Since dark hardwood flooring is the more popular choice among homeowners, it will give you a higher ROI and appeal to more buyers. This means that you will see more of an increased property value even though all hardwood flooring will increase your home’s value.
Hardwood Floor Installation, Refinishing & More in Charles Town & Eastern Panhandle of Berkeley & Jefferson Counties in WV | Winchester & Frederick County | Round Hill & Loudoun County | Berryville & Clarke County | Herndon & Fairfax County VA
It doesn’t matter what color you are looking for in your hardwood floors, you can count on Mike’s Custom Flooring to deliver beautiful hardwood flooring installation every time you choose us. Not only do we provide installation services, but if you are looking to change the color of your hardwood, we offer refinishing services as well. This gives you the ability to transform your flooring without the cost of replacement. Call us today!